Monday 19 March 2012

So i'm new to this blogging thing....

...and I'm completely blown away by the response I've had within just a couple of days of publishing my first post. I didn't really expect anyone to read it so I was thrilled when the traffic started coming in and people left comments. I guess I underestimated the power of Ravelry!! So big thank you to everyone who left comments here and on Ravelry, they were really encouraging and have spurred me on to write another entry.

Winter is nearly over here and to get over a bit of cabin fever, my other half and I decided a shopping trip to Turku was in order yesterday. An old friend of mine from back home in Scotland just gave birth to a little girl a couple of weeks ago so I had the perfect excuse to splash out on some new wool:

The brands are Novita Wool for the green, light blue, dark blue and dark purple (colours 378, 369, 191 & 750) and Red Heart Bella for the yellow, white and lilac (00216, 00152 & 00223)

The project is a really pretty baby cardi from this website: http://knits4kids.com/archives/8624 You have to join the site to access the pattern but it is free. I started it last night and hope to have it finished within a couple of weeks - watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment